After you finish editing the interaction campaign, next you have to set the recipients.
Recipients are your website visitors that will probably see the campaign.
You will notice that in the dropdown menu there are 7 categories of conditions that you can choose from. For example, if you want to show an interaction campaign only to the new users, you have to set the following segmentation:
You can play with the conditions, however make sure they do not interfere with each other.
Campaign Advanced Settings
Here you can set more advanced settings:
- Limit display only on specific types of pages
- Priorities and how single campaign on page works
- Automatically close campaign if user does not interact with it
- Campaign Start and End date
- Specific events for the campaign (display/close/submit) and code to run when these events happen
- Send email to Mailchimp list or to specific endpoint
User interaction with campaign
Close event is special, so if the user clicks it, you can set the campaign not to be displayed for a specific number of days. Event if all conditions are valid, in this time period after user initial closes the campaign, it won’t be displayed again.
The last step “Behaviour” includes configuration settings on how the campaign will run.
Number of times to display campaign in total or per session
There are many trigger types, each with various configurations:
After time spent on page
Campaign will be displayed using a delay starting at page load.
Display campaign when user scrolls up to a specific percentage.
On clicking page elements:
Campaign is displayed when user clicks specific page elements. Use valid CSS selectors:
On Exit intent:
Display campaign when user leaves page (or has the intent of doing it). There are many settings, as explained below:
- sensitivity: space between top page and mouse position. The smaller the value it will be more precise.
- timer: time after page load this exit intent trigger is considered. Sometimes is important to let user to stay a while on the page before
- delay: when intent is captured, campaign is displayed after this specific value (in seconds)
- cancel display: if user returns to the page after intent is captured, during delay time, you can cancel the display of the campaign
- corner: you can select what is the direction of the mouse when leaving the page (left, right, any or based on operating system: Windows on the right, and the others on the left side)
- corner area: percentage of page width where the user can exit the page to trigger campaign. Starting from sides.
After user is inactive on the page, but the page is still open
On page close:
When user closes the page, there is a possibility to display a campaign. No configurations available.
Because of some limitation of browsers, first it will be displayed an alert like the following:
If user clicks Cancel, then campaign is displayed. If it clicks Leave, the page gets closed.
On site leave (mobile):
Display a campaign when user clicks the back button of their mobile browser. No configurations available.